Relationships can be bright and full of adventure, but it can also feel really challenging in the moments where you feel less connected to your partner. Those moments where you or your partner seem less accessible, responsive, or engaging to each other’s evolving self, needs, and wants can create many unexpected responses.
Relationships are like a dance. When feeling panicked by the disruption in connection, a common response is to pull on too strongly or to withdraw.
It’s never really about who left the dirty dishes in the sink, who forgot to contact the sitter, or even who finds themselves doing most of the planning.
Here’s how I help couple’s get unstuck:
• By noticing patterns that activate negative cycles that cause you fear, anxiety, frustration, and leaves you feeling dissatisfied.
• Recognizing the problematic ways that you and your partner can go after each other
when feeling misunderstood or attempting to get needs met. Which further creates
mis-attunement, loneliness, and questions like, “Is this even worth it?”
• The ways in which you and your partner want to feel unconditionally accepted and
securely loved without criticism.
• Working through distractions, such as feelings of insecurity or obsessive thoughts
about the other needing to change, in order to become more attentive to each
other’s needs and how to tackle challenges as a team.
• Increasing emotional bonding, trust-building, and vulnerability.
• Awareness on how to set boundaries that are good for you individually and for the
health of the team.
I’d love to help you and your partner create the trust and secure connection that all couples long for and deserve. So, reach out below to begin our work together.