When the year began, you had plans for living a more wholesome, authentic life. You had plans on cultivating more fulfilling relationships. You were looking forward to events that you’ve worked so hard for — events that would carry you into ease and relaxation. Perhaps the vacation you booked to foster emotional bonding, your graduation, celebrating your birthday, the internship you interviewed and prepared for, the wedding that you were looking forward to, or maybe building the community that you finally convinced yourself you deserved.
And then, this pandemic happened…
Life seems uncertain right now and you worry that the longer social distancing is in place, the more isolated and lonely you’ll become. Your usual self-care routines have been challenged, and working from home feels different than you had imagined. The perfectionist in you is having a hard time accepting that there is no perfect way to cope through a pandemic. After all, you’re the go-to person for most of your friends and family. You’re usually good in a crisis. Yet, no one gave you a structured manual on how to cope with COVID-19. Uncertainty can cause anyone overwhelm and exhaustion.
What You Want …
- A safe and secure place to process the worries that you hold and the experiences you’re having without the pressure of being seemingly “put together.” You yearn for a place where you can feel cared for and not have to focus on being the caretaker or people pleaser.
- To acknowledge your thoughts and feelings without being told: “Don’t be scared,” “Don’t worry,” “Don’t panic,” or “Just calm down,” which only causes guilt and increases anxiety and fear.
- To learn some effective strategies for coping with fear and anxiety head on.
- Support in finding creative and mindful ways to engage what you’re doing each day, and to remain in connection with yourself and those whom you care for.
How I can Help …
- By being a compassionate witness to what is activated inside of you as a result of this global pandemic: your thoughts, emotions, memories, and body sensations without denying you the space to feel and be human.
- Supporting you with ways of attuning to the needs of different protective parts of yourself that especially show up in times of stress or uncertainty.
- By providing practical steps on managing tricky emotions, and addressing previously ignored areas of life to foster deeper healing.
- Aiding you on noticing on how this pandemic can be used as a ‘pause and reset’ opportunity. So, that when this pandemic eventually ends, you have grown more authentically connected to yourself and ways of engaging with others.
What to Know Before We Get Started…
- Therapy is easier to access now than ever before through use of your phone or laptop, and the process does not require any special device equipment.
- A secure HIPPA complaint platform for video (i.e. Zoom or Vsee) and phone sessions are used.
- Simply find a quiet space that allows to you to participate in online or phone sessions, to also ensure privacy.
- What can make video online counseling just as effective as in-person therapy, is the quality of the therapeutic bond between the therapist and client, and I look forward to providing support in any way that I can.