Trauma Recovery for High Achievers
You can find your way forward.
Relational traumas matter, too.
Have you been looking for a “trauma recovery therapist near me?”
It’s sometimes hard to even recognize what you might not have considered to be trauma. After all, it seemed so “normal” while in it, but normal doesn’t always mean healthy. Our bodies know this, regardless of how the trauma is labeled.
Signs of Relational Trauma
A childhood history of being expected to be independent
You’re a people pleaser
YOu want a relationship but fear intimacy
you had to be the adult to your parents
Signs of Complex Trauma
• You feel like your body has betrayed you, and it can no longer be trusted.
• Unwanted intrusive thoughts show up. You feel like you’re functioning but aren’t really present. These thoughts overstay their welcome and bring friends called flashbacks, body sensations, and anxiety.
• When it feels like the painful past is happening in real-time. Your emotions and your body keep reminding you of what you try so hard to forget. I think of it as the body’s plea for healing.
BOTH COMPLEX AND RELATIONAL TRAUMAS CAUSE PAIN AND IMPRINT ON OUR MEMORIES. SO, MAKING THE MENTAL DECISION TO “PUT THE PAST BEHIND” YOU IS NOT ENOUGH TO UNHOOK YOURSELF FROM THE IMPACT OF TRAUMA.
Online Trauma Therapist in California
Wondering what is possible despite trauma? I am an online trauma therapist in California. One of the most beautiful things that I get to witness as a therapist who also specializes in trauma recovery is when clients encounter their essence. The radiant part of themselves that’s often buried under traumatic effects, but is a breath of fresh air for them when they do the necessary work to heal.
I want to help you clean out the wounds of trauma, regardless of where you’re starting from. So, that you can have access to the life you might not have recognized as possible, prior to working with me. A healthier, more wholesome life.
In our sessions you will:
• Learn how to build confidence and cultivate safety for yourself.
• Be aided in unblocking and reprocessing repressed thoughts, memories, and emotions.
• Learn how the body carries the wounds of trauma and how to become more securely embodied.
• Set healthy boundaries, while challenging imposed guilt and shame.
If you are looking for an online trauma therapist in California, I can help.
Begin to live a healthier, more wholesome life by reaching out below for support.
I offer virtual telehealth therapy for your convenience, security, and privacy.